Octopus Deploy is an automated deployment and release management tool used by leading continuous delivery teams worldwide. Currently working as a product manager in the ‘Fire and Motion’ team.
Founded in 2012, Octopus Deploy enables successful deployments for over 25,000 companies around the world. Prior to Octopus Deploy, release orchestration and DevOps automation tools were clunky, limited to large enterprises and didn't deliver what they promised. Octopus Deploy was the first release automation tool to gain popular adoption by software teams, and we continue to invent new ways for Dev & Ops teams to automate releases and deliver working software to production.
Octopus Deploy is a single place for your team to:
- Manage releases
- Automate complex application deployments
- Automate routine and emergency operations tasks
Working at Octopus is the fulfilment of my journey back into product management from the legal sector, as well as the fulfilment of a personal career goal of mine to be involved in a product that is not only beloved by it’s users, but also having the headroom to still continue to grow into the future. Octopus Deploy provided me the perfect foil for my personal ambitions, as well as ample opportunity to continue to make my mark in the product management space in a different field i.e. DevOps.
What Have I Done So Far At Octopus?
The following are some of the features that have been developed and released by my team so far:
- Upgrading our security flow and requirements to ensure a more secure and safe environment for our customers to log into Octopus.
- Re-imagining the user interface and experience for an overflow of tasks when certain conditions are met on the node.
- Improving the performance and speed of certain upgrade packages that are being sent over a low or poor network scenarios.
- Increased the worker leasing cap for worker pools when deploying using Docker images.